Thursday, February 26, 2015

Logos for Syphilis


Before a cure was found, syphilis infected thousands of people and was becoming a major problem in the United States. To publicize the newly found cure and ensure people took action against the disease, advertisements like this one were made. Though this ad strongly appeals to emotions, it also appeals to logistics. The author uses the dinosaur picture to imply that syphilis has been around for an incredibly long time. Also, by making the headline “As Old as Creation, Syphilis is Now Curable”, the author was making the point that it is only logical to obtain treatment for syphilis. Now that there is FINALLY a cure out there, wouldn’t it only be rational to seek freedom from this terrible disease? 
The author also has a very logical statement on their poster, “Consult Your Physician”. This is not only the most logical course of action if one has contracted syphilis, but by having this on the poster, it gives the audience a first step. If the audience feels the poster is giving them logical reasons and directions, they are more likely to listen to what the poster is saying and get treatment for syphilis. 

4 comments:

  1. I strongly agree this ad was very successful in appealing to logos. This ad gives logical reasoning on why syphilis can finally be mitigated by doing an action as simple as consulting your physician. They basically make it seem as if their is no reason to even be dealing with the disease at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ad does a great job appealing to logos but I also think it appeals to pathos. It makes the audience feel worried/concerned about their health and creates a sense of urgency to "have [their] blood tested" (exigence).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The author of this text does a very good job of appealing to logos. It goes without saying that no one would want any of those conditions, and it would definitely create a sense of urgency, as mentioned above. The simplicity of it also it quite interesting; with such few words, readers are moved by the powerful message given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taken some time out today thank and appreciate Dr EHIDIAMEN who was able to cure me of my almost 8 years weak erection problem caused by RADICAL PROSTATECTOMY. It became a major problem to me as it was affecting my marital life and I was no longer comfortable so I decided to look for a solution and I told my colleague at work who gave me his email and told me how his medication was able to cure him too. I decided to give him a try and I contacted him and explained to him all I have been facing in the last few years. He told me how to get his product. After taking the medication as prescribed the weak erection problem became a thing of the past and i am now super active in bed. I want to also use this medium to also let all those having similar issues know that all hope is not lost. You too can contact him too for his product and any related weak (Syphilis) erection problem, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation on doctorehidiamen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete